I think this one is clearly over-the-top… what has gotten into (no pun intended) Ms. Serena Williams? Peep this ad for a tennis video game.
Is this too hot for NBC and the NFL?
While many sites have been looking back into the past, I am looking forward to the future. For 2009, here are my top 9 sneakers for the first half of 2009.
9. Nike Zoom MVP: After two back-to-back seasons of winning the MVP (2004-2005, 2005-2006), The Canadian has finally been rewarded with his own signature shoe from the guys in Beaverton. Phoenix Suns guard, Steve Nash first signature sneaker will be released in the upcoming weeks.
8. Nike Huarache 2009: After the highly successful versions of the Huarache 2k4 and 2k5 that began Kobe’s marriage to the swoosh, they have returned with the 2k9. With a release set for sometime in February, look for players like Tony Parker and Chris Bosh to be rocking these for the season.
5. Air Jordan CP3 II: After an MVP-type season last year after he was awarded his first signature shoe, the Jordan Brand has followed up with another sneaker for Chris Paul. These will hit stores March 3 and will go for $122.
4.Reebok The Answer 12: Celebrating his first season as a Detroit Piston, the folks at Reebok have cooked up Allen Iverson’s 12th sneaker. Inspired by the poem Invictus Warrior, expect these shoes to hit stores in February for $100.
3. Nike Air Penny 3: It’s no question that Penny Hardaway was the man for the Orlando Magic in his prime. His sweet commericials with Lil Penny made him Nike’s main man (…behind MJ) in the 90’s. These kicks will hit stores in the upcoming weeks for $135.
2. Converse Weapon 86: I won’t promise you that you will be able to run the break like Magic Johnson or outduel Larry Bird in a game of one-on-one but what I can say is that if you cop these, you will turn heads. On February 1st these will hit stores with a new touch of suede for $80.
1. Nike Zoom Kobe 4: Who says you cant wear a low-cut sneaker to play basketball? Kobe is trying to shut everyone up on January 17th when he releases his fourth sneaker with Nike which will be the lightest basketball sneaker ever for $119.99. You better have your ankle insurance!
This is the most real experience you’ll find!!!! Be sure to support this effort by Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. and CEO/Founder Jacqueline Beauchamp.
Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. and CEO/Founder Jacqueline Beauchamp have done it again! On November 28, 2008, NEI debuted their 2nd Black College Football Video Game titled “The Doug Williams Experience” (BCFx). It was publicly introduced as part of the 35th Annual State Farm Bayou Classic at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans. Celebrity host Stan Verrett (ESPN Sports Anchor) and Grambling State University Alumnus (and Superbowl XXII MVP) Doug Williams were part of the exclusive launch party.
NEI’s first release was only available for the PC which frustrated many gamers. However, with the 2nd release that is no longer a hurdle as it is available for the Xbox 360. Additionally, it is also compatible with the popular Rock Band Drum Set enabling an enhanced experience for the Drumline feature. The game will ship with 35 songs (65 musical), feature a look at the culture of HBCUs themselves and include a Museum section with histories of the schools.
NEI has set a goal of selling 500,000 units and will need your support to help get them there. Be certain to be one of the first to get your game by ordering here.
Update 3.7.09 – We just received an email from Nerjyzed Entertainment’s Promotions and Events Manager in response to all of our reader’s comments about getting this game. NE told us that preorders are available at www.bcfxgame.com and that the release date will soon be announced. Stay tuned.
Photo By: Stewart Shining, Sports Illustrated – Jessica White
Do we really believe this issue has anything to do with sports? What the heck… here’s the rest of the Dime Pieces on SI.com.
Baton Rouge, LA
Look out John Madden and all you EA Sports Madden Football junkies! Here comes an alternative… The Black College Football Experience (BCFx).
This digital sports product is a gift to all African-American gamers that have a love for Historical Black Colleges and Universities. This project was created over a period of two years by Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. and is the vision of CEO/Founder Jacqueline Beauchamp. Ms. Beauchamp is an alumna of Southern University Baton Rouge and is a true pioneer in bringing digital life to the glorious history of HBCU sports.
The game action features brilliant graphics, animation and colors. Included as well are 40 officially licensed teams, mascots, play by play and commentary by Jonathan Coachman and Donal Ware. And what HBCU Football Game is complete without the Halftime Battle of The Bands… this game has it all!
The game is available for your PC as of November 23rd. Support this company by purchasing a game for yourself or a loved one for the upcoming holiday season – ORDER HERE
Look for much, much more from this company in the near future as they embark upon history. Urban Sports Talk salutes Ms. Beauchamp and Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc.